After months of waiting on the email list and never signing up on time, I finally got the Sephora Play! subscription box in February. I have to say, I absolutely love this service. I think it’s so nice to be able to try out high end products in really great deluxe sizes. I also LOVE that they’re so easy to find again if I wanted to buy a full size. But honestly, favorite thing is getting to try out high end brands for the first time. Without this box, I would never have tried anything from NARS, Glamglow, Josie Maran, etc…
This month I got items from FOUR different brands I’ve never tried before: OleHenriksen, Dr. Dennis Gross, Make Up For Ever, and Juliette has a gun (which i’ve been dying to try).
- Dr. Dennis Gross Ferulic + Retinol Peel, 2 Pads ($88 for 16 of them, making them $5.50/peel, aka more than the box)
- OleHenriksen Truth Serum ($48 for 30mL, so about $11 for 7mL)
- MUFE Aqua XL Eye Pencil ($21 for the full size)
- Juliette had a gun NOT A PERFUME (i’m so excited about this)
- Sephora Waterproof Eye makeup remover
- Smashbox Photo Finish Primer (side eye)
I’m so excited for 5/6 things! The only thing I’m slightly bummed about is the Smashbox Photo whatever primer. It’s really good and smoothing, not the best for dry skin though. (and i feel like i’ve gone through 5 of these damn things because Ulta ALWAYS chucks it in there as a makeup sample. like come on).
Overall impression: super excited again. I would say if you’re not into skin care, you might not like this box because usually 50%+ of the box is skin care and not makeup. I’ve gotten a mini NARS velvet lip glide (amazing), a Bobbi Brown shadow stick, Benefits Watts Up Highlighter, but really mostly skin care.
I really, really love this box, highly recommend.